Tuesday, April 14, 2009

BLITEOTW Meets Youtube

h/t Hero Press

My earliest memory of my love of zombie movies is sitting enthralled as I listened to my sister recount a movie she had just seen called Children Shouldn't Play with Dead Things. I didn't see it myself until much later, mind you, but the memory of her narrative has stuck with me all these years. It was one of the first movies I tracked down when my family got its first VCR. That was, of course, after I'd seen the first two Romero Dead films. From there, it was on to every thing from Return of The Living Dead to Shaun of The Dead. I spent an unhealthy number of hours playing Urban Dead and participated in Blog-Like-It's-The-End-Of-The-World. Now, there's Lost Zombies, a "community generated zombie documentary."

Not quite as elaborate, but filled to the brim with ghoulish glee is Sword +1's The End: a modern-day post-apocalyptic zombie survivor roleplaying romp with mechanics that seem very old-school.

No comments: