Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Bender's Game: Better Than That Piece of Krod


Last night, I managed to catch Futurama: Bender's Game. The whole show was centered around Dungeons & Dragons. They even paid homage to Dungeon Master Zero himself. Frye & company have to destroy a dodecahedron by tossing it into the fiery plastic from which it was molded ... at the Geysers of Gygax.

Orson Scott Cardassians be forewarned. The show has nothing to do with Card's novel.

I found it far more entertaining the Krod Mandoon and most of the other t.v. fantasy genre fare out there these days.

In other gaming related matters, Matt Staggs has an interview with Erol Otus at Tor.com.

In political news, Arlen Specter (RD-PA) announces that he is not a Republican. Most of us have known that for at least a decade or so. I'm glad he finally figured it out.

Ever since I read Michael Crichton's speech about the Green Religion, I've just considered Earth Day just another whackaloon made-up holiday like Kwanzaa; however, Michael Tresca of used his Earth Day constructively: he wrote about Jack Vance's Dying Eath and the contributions Vance made to the genre. See it here, if for no other reason, the illustration.

In movie news, I saw Monsters vs. Aliens. I highly recommend it to those with offspring. I got to see the trailer for Land of the Lost. I'm not a fan of Will Ferrell, but I'll be there for the sleestaks.

No comments: