Monday, November 10, 2008

USO

Tomorrow is Veterans Day. Armistice Day to those of you who remember the Kaiser. Whatever you call it, and whatever you call yourself -- 'Publicrat, Democan, Liblab, Neocon, Paleaocon, Blue Dog, Yellow Magnet, Red Stater, or Green -- there are men who are in harm's way and generations of men and women who have stood on the ramparts, huddled in trenches, squatted in ball turrets, and manned battle stations when our nation has been threatened.

As a rule, I try to avoid calls to action. But, when I do, I don't call upon my readership to do anything that I haven't done myself. So, if you've got an extra five bucks, or ten, or whatever, show those who are still serving a bit of thanks. Click on the button below and send some love.

donate_here

Spy-Fi

h/t The Designer Monologues

Modesty Blaise and Willie Garvin are now cult names in the thriller genre with well over a million copies of the Modesty Blaise series sold worldwide. Penguin India has resurrected the Modesty Blaise series and is releasing them as part of their new series—Retro Revival. Time to start saving my rupees.

( Read more... )


Photobucket

No comments: