Tuesday, December 29, 2009

The Future Was Here

Vintage 2.0 – Glossy Retro Takes Over Web Design
An Inspired Mag reader said a few posts ago that the round corner buttons are dead. I think precisely the same mate, I know how you feel about the so-called web 2.0 buttons and shiny blingos! But what about this new futuretro style, that combines the web 2.0 (clean) look with a vintage touch?

We’ve made a roundup of 25 websites that mix the retro with the shiny. What do you guys think about this style?


This is from Inspired Mag Daily Graphic Design Inspiration. I love the retrofuture feel, and I eagerly hope to see it applied frequently. The best example I've seen so far is Bradley Schenk's Webomator blog. Check it out now, if you ignored my earlier post.

1 comment:

Mercurius Aulicus said...

Since we seem to have similar tastes on tumblr - I thought you might also like The Retropolitan at http://nineteenthirtynine.net/ .

The site appears to be broken now - but it has a very interesting pulpy, retro-futuristic, dieselpunk etc. look that I thought might interest you, Robo.