Saturday, July 30, 2011

The Unheard Z-pack

As I spent the last two days relatively housebound with bronchitis and other ills, I got to catch up on my punk rock movie watching.

The first film was What We Do Is Secret, a biopic of Darby Crash, lead singer of "the seminal L.A. punk rock band" The Germs. I never was a big Germs fan. I used to own GI and Germicide, and I still listen to my "Lexicon Devil" mp3 on occassion, but The Germs were probably one of those you-had-to-be-there things, and I wasn't there. Nevertheless, I liked the film.

The second film in my punk rock double feature was We Jam Econo, a documentary on one of my favorite bands, The Minutemen. I remember seeing a flyer for it when it played at the local college. My wife must have been in labor when it was showing. That is the only legitimate reason for me to have missed it. I may have to own this one I dug it so much. For those who are last.fm friends, expect a heavy rotation of Minutemen and fIREHOSE.

MP3s of Georgeless, an E.P. of pre-George Hurley tunes, is available for free dowload at http://www.corndogs.org/minutemen_georgeless.html with Mike Watt's permission.

And what's a punk rock post without Henry Rollins...
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.7

No comments: