Sunday, December 28, 2008

Smoke 'Em If Ya Got 'Em; Just Don't Shoot 'Em

Today, on a public library terminal, I tried to access an article lamenting the demise of the Winchester Model 94 (January will mark the second anniversary of this American icon). The computer I was using informed me that the site was blocked because it was about "weapons." The same message was received when I tried to go to the Winchester Repeating Arms official site at www.winchesterguns.com. Once again, the page was about weapons, so I couldn't access it. On a lark, I tried the Smirnoff official site, to which the workstation replied, "Nyet!" But I had no problem going to MTV, VH1, or Philip Morris -- three companies whose products I find much more objectionable than I do those of the fine folks of Winchester Repeating Arms.

AT

Adventure Team Daily - an Adventure Team-related blog.

Paratrooper Rocky at Flickr has a composite image of all the Adventure Team sets from 1970 to 1977.

No comments: