Sunday, November 23, 2008

The Ipcressphile

Before he was serving dinner to Christian Bale at stately Wayne Manor, Michael Caine was dishing out hot lead at the other side during the Cold War as Harry Palmer. Recently, after reading what is perhaps the most pathetic "Top Ten Movie Spies of All-Time" list, I concocted my own. Conspicuously absent from the former, Michael Caine's Harry Palmer was part of the reason for my forming my own. Last week, Jason Chalker posted a quick drawing of Michael Caine at his blog The Manly Art Blog. Check it out at http://manlyart.blogspot.com/2008/11/michael-caine.html.

I was inspired to produce my own Bitmap to Beijing. I give you J. K. Rowlings's "Harry Palmer and the Goblet of Fire."

Photobucket

While doing a bit of Harry Palmer googling, I ran across Russell Davies's blog and found a book that I'm bumping to the top of my Wish List at Paperbackswap.com: Len Deighton's Action Cook Book.

Photobucket

How cool is that?

Links
  • Harry Palmer (Michael Caine), the secret agent's movie site
  • The Offical Michael Caine Website
  • Spy Corner
  • No comments: